Support building OpenJDK on Windows using MSYS2 and MinGW-w64 GCC?

Support building OpenJDK on Windows using MSYS2 and MinGW-w64 GCC?

Andrew Sun
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if OpenJDK could be modified to build on Windows using
MSYS2 (free Windows development environment that includes MinGW-w64 and
GCC). Currently MSYS2's MinGW-w64 toolchain (including GCC) is unsupported
for building OpenJDK, and Visual Studio is required; however, on Linux, GCC
is supported.
Would there be any implications to such a method? If not, I would be very
pleased. MSYS2 uses PKGBUILDs similar to the ones on Arch Linux. Adding a
MinGW-w64 PKGBUILD for mingw-w64-jdk*version*-openjdk would be very
beneficial to the MSYS2 project.

Andrew Sun

Re: Support building OpenJDK on Windows using MSYS2 and MinGW-w64 GCC?

Phil Race
You should raise this on build-dev .. not discuss.

-phil.