Tls 1.2 support info

rgamarra
Hi there.

I'd like to ask about TLS 1.2 support in open jdk 1.6 and 1.7.

Starting in which version/update is the protocol supported?

Is it the client-side default in any version / update?

Any reference / link that can be provided will be most helpful.

Regaring Oracle's version, I have found:

​Thanks in advance. Best regards.

Re: Tls 1.2 support info

dalibor topic-2
On 30.11.2017 03:13, rgamarra wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'd like to ask about TLS 1.2 support in open jdk 1.6 and 1.7.

OpenJDK 6 and OpenJDK 7 are currently maintained by different
groups of maintainers. As such, I would suggest asking on the individual
Project's mailing lists, i.e. jdk6-dev and jdk7u-dev.

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment

Re: Tls 1.2 support info

Thomas Lußnig-3
Hi,

maybe you could tell more what you need to know about TLS 1.2 support?
Do you wan't an general overview of features (Stappling, SC, ...) or are you
are you interested in the available cipher suites. If you are so general
the simple
answer is that TLS 1.2 is supported as client and server on open jdk 1.7
at least.

Gruß Thomas

On 11/30/2017 3:43 PM, dalibor topic wrote:

> On 30.11.2017 03:13, rgamarra wrote:
>> Hi there.
>>
>> I'd like to ask about TLS 1.2 support in open jdk 1.6 and 1.7.
>>
> OpenJDK 6 and OpenJDK 7 are currently maintained by different
> groups of maintainers. As such, I would suggest asking on the individual
> Project's mailing lists, i.e. jdk6-dev and jdk7u-dev.
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic

Re: Tls 1.2 support info

rgamarra
Thank you for your response Thomas.

I'm connecting to a backend that will start to require tls 1.2. Indeed, my question is general regarding tls 1.2 overall support.

From your answer I understand that:
- there's no update to open jdk 1.6 that supports tls 1.2.
- open jdk 1.7 supports tls 1.2 since its initial release.

It's not clear to me from your answer whether tls 1.2 is the default option for any open jdk 1.7 version/update.

In case it's not the default option, any advice on how to enable it will be most helpful.

Thanks.

On Nov 30, 2017 12:47 PM, "Thomas Lußnig" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

maybe you could tell more what you need to know about TLS 1.2 support?
Do you wan't an general overview of features (Stappling, SC, ...) or are you
are you interested in the available cipher suites. If you are so general the simple
answer is that TLS 1.2 is supported as client and server on open jdk 1.7 at least.

Gruß Thomas

On 11/30/2017 3:43 PM, dalibor topic wrote:
On 30.11.2017 03:13, rgamarra wrote:
Hi there.

I'd like to ask about TLS 1.2 support in open jdk 1.6 and 1.7.

OpenJDK 6 and OpenJDK 7 are currently maintained by different
groups of maintainers. As such, I would suggest asking on the individual
Project's mailing lists, i.e. jdk6-dev and jdk7u-dev.

cheers,
dalibor topic

Re: Tls 1.2 support info

Seán Coffey

Information about the defaults used in the Oracle JDK 6u/7u releases can be found in the JDK Crypto roadmap :

https://www.java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html

Regards,
Sean.
On 30/11/17 16:53, rgamarra wrote:
Thank you for your response Thomas.

I'm connecting to a backend that will start to require tls 1.2. Indeed, my question is general regarding tls 1.2 overall support.

From your answer I understand that: