What's up with jdk/test/TestEnv.java?

Martin Buchholz-3
I've been trying to get the jtreg tests
currently failing with UnknownHostException
to start passing instead.

I looked at jdk/test/TestEnv.java
which looks perfectly designed for our needs.

But it's not in openjdk7...!?!?
(normally I would expect to see things the other way around)
In openjdk7 I just see the hostnames hardcoded into
jdk/test/java/nio/channels/TestUtil.java

Do y'all plan to forward-port jdk/test/TestEnv.java to openjdk7?

Thanks,

Martin

Re: What's up with jdk/test/TestEnv.java?

alan.bateman
Martin Buchholz wrote:

> I've been trying to get the jtreg tests
> currently failing with UnknownHostException
> to start passing instead.
>
> I looked at jdk/test/TestEnv.java
> which looks perfectly designed for our needs.
>
> But it's not in openjdk7...!?!?
> (normally I would expect to see things the other way around)
> In openjdk7 I just see the hostnames hardcoded into
> jdk/test/java/nio/channels/TestUtil.java
>
> Do y'all plan to forward-port jdk/test/TestEnv.java to openjdk7?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

TestEnv was my attempt to centralize the host dependencies so that they
could be specified to jtreg as a properties file (and make it a bit
easier to run them outside of Sun's network). Joe was anxious we do
something about this in 6open so that is why it was pushed there first
(back in 6open-b12). It's on my list to push this to the jdk7/tl
repository.

-Alan.

Re: What's up with jdk/test/TestEnv.java?

joe.darcy
On 02/02/09 01:37 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:

> Martin Buchholz wrote:
>> I've been trying to get the jtreg tests
>> currently failing with UnknownHostException
>> to start passing instead.
>>
>> I looked at jdk/test/TestEnv.java
>> which looks perfectly designed for our needs.
>>
>> But it's not in openjdk7...!?!?
>> (normally I would expect to see things the other way around)
>> In openjdk7 I just see the hostnames hardcoded into
>> jdk/test/java/nio/channels/TestUtil.java
>>
>> Do y'all plan to forward-port jdk/test/TestEnv.java to openjdk7?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Martin
>>
> TestEnv was my attempt to centralize the host dependencies so that
> they could be specified to jtreg as a properties file (and make it a
> bit easier to run them outside of Sun's network). Joe was anxious we
> do something about this in 6open so that is why it was pushed there
> first (back in 6open-b12). It's on my list to push this to the jdk7/tl
> repository.

For the curious, this is bug 6720349 "(ch) Channels tests depending on
hosts inside Sun."

-Joe