javadoc -linksource with --module options doesn't generate src-html

javadoc -linksource with --module options doesn't generate src-html

Nicolas Carranza
Hi, I'm beginning to play with the JDK 9 and found that running javadoc using the -linksource option combined with --module option (as below) creates the javadoc with links targeting the html source files but doesn't create the html source files (src-html directory). Is this a bug? Thank you, and sorry if this isn't the place to post this question.

> javadoc -linksource -d javadoc --module-source-path . --module java.base
> java -version
java version "9"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9+181)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode)

Re: javadoc -linksource with --module options doesn't generate src-html

Jonathan Gibbons

On 10/03/2017 10:43 AM, Nicolas Carranza wrote:

> Hi, I'm beginning to play with the JDK 9 and found that running
> javadoc using the -linksource option combined with --module option (as
> below) creates the javadoc with links targeting the html source files
> but doesn't create the html source files (src-html directory). Is this
> a bug? Thank you, and sorry if this isn't the place to post this question.
>
> > javadoc -linksource -d javadoc --module-source-path . --module java.base
> > java -version
> java version "9"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9+181)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode)

Nicolas,

That definitely sounds like a bug/oversight. I'll investigate, and
create an issue to track this.

-- Jon

On 11/15/2017 03:21 PM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:

> On 10/03/2017 10:43 AM, Nicolas Carranza wrote:
>> Hi, I'm beginning to play with the JDK 9 and found that running
>> javadoc using the -linksource option combined with --module option
>> (as below) creates the javadoc with links targeting the html source
>> files but doesn't create the html source files (src-html directory).
>> Is this a bug? Thank you, and sorry if this isn't the place to post
>> this question.
>>
>> > javadoc -linksource -d javadoc --module-source-path . --module
>> java.base
>> > java -version
>> java version "9"
>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9+181)
>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode)
>>

> Nicolas,
>
> That definitely sounds like a bug/oversight. I'll investigate, and
> create an issue to track this.
>
> -- Jon

Confirmed. Thanks for the report.
Filed https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191381