-jdk and releative paths

Mike Duigou
I recently discovered that using relative paths for the -jdk option fails for some of the shell script tests because they expect the jdk path to be an absolute path. (yet one more reason to hate shell tests). About 100 tests fail in jdk/test/test because of the absolute path requirement to their driver shell scripts. Is there any chance that jtreg could convert the path provided to -jdk to an absolute path? being able to use a relative path on the command line is certainly more convenient.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: -jdk and releative paths

Jonathan Gibbons
On 11/16/2011 02:45 PM, Mike Duigou wrote:
> I recently discovered that using relative paths for the -jdk option fails for some of the shell script tests because they expect the jdk path to be an absolute path. (yet one more reason to hate shell tests). About 100 tests fail in jdk/test/test because of the absolute path requirement to their driver shell scripts. Is there any chance that jtreg could convert the path provided to -jdk to an absolute path? being able to use a relative path on the command line is certainly more convenient.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Which version of jtreg are you using?   I thought all paths got
converted to absolute paths long ago.

-- Jon