jtreg -vmoption(s) vs. -javaoption(s)

Mike Duigou
I'm trying to understand what differences in usage there are for the -vmoption and -javaoption flags. From my reading of RegressionParameters.getTestVMJavaOptions() it would seem than in practice the two options are interchangeable. Is there some other distinction I am missing? The command line help includes a see also for each to the other but doesn't explain any difference.

Mike

Re: jtreg -vmoption(s) vs. -javaoption(s)

Jonathan Gibbons
On 01/24/2011 01:01 PM, Mike Duigou wrote:
I'm trying to understand what differences in usage there are for the -vmoption and -javaoption flags. From my reading of RegressionParameters.getTestVMJavaOptions() it would seem than in practice the two options are interchangeable. Is there some other distinction I am missing? The command line help includes a see also for each to the other but doesn't explain any difference.

Mike

Mike,

VM options you specify with -vmoption are used for all JVMs created by jtreg, for both javac and java commands.

In contrast, VM options you specify with -javaoption are only used for JVMs for java commands.

-- Jon