<AWT Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8190456: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ComboBoxDemoTest.java failed with NPE from java.awt.EventQueue.getCurrentEventImpl()

<AWT Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8190456: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ComboBoxDemoTest.java failed with NPE from java.awt.EventQueue.getCurrentEventImpl()

Muneer Kolarkunnu

Hi All,

Please review fix for the below bug:

This issue observed during SBR(Same Binary Run) execution of client sanity tests. Same exception observed from test case sanity/client/SwingSet/src/DialogDemoTest.java also.
It is a random failure, observed 2 times in 1000 iterations.

In ComboBoxDemoTest, it is happening while changing the selection on a combo box.

In DialogDemoTest, it is happening during button press.

Fix: As currentEvent is a WeakReference, added null check for dispatchThread use case also, similar to fxAppThreadIsDispatchThread use case.

Regards,

Muneer

Re: <AWT Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8190456: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ComboBoxDemoTest.java failed with NPE from java.awt.EventQueue.getCurrentEventImpl()

Sergey Bylokhov
Hi,
Can you please clarify how to run this test. On my system it always fails:

open/test/jdk/sanity/client/lib/jemmy/src/org/netbeans/jemmy/operators/FrameOperator.java:511:
error: cannot find symbol
             throw new JemmyException("Interrupted while waiting for a
frame with " +
                       ^
   symbol:   class JemmyException
   location: class FrameOperator
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error
result: Failed. Compilation failed: Compilation failed

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: <AWT Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8190456: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ComboBoxDemoTest.java failed with NPE from java.awt.EventQueue.getCurrentEventImpl()

Muneer Kolarkunnu
Hi Sergey,

These are jtreg test cases only, you can run using jtreg command.
But right now there is a compilation issue, one import statement is missing in jemmy file FrameOperator.java(import org.netbeans.jemmy.JemmyException;).

It introduced by one of the recent task JDK-8188779. It already resolved in code tools jemmy project: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/code-tools/jemmy/v2
I raised a separate review request for the same: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/swing-dev/2017-November/007900.html

Regards,
Muneer

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: <AWT Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8190456: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ComboBoxDemoTest.java failed with NPE from java.awt.EventQueue.getCurrentEventImpl()

Sergey Bylokhov
Looks fine.

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: <AWT Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8190456: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ComboBoxDemoTest.java failed with NPE from java.awt.EventQueue.getCurrentEventImpl()

Sergey Bylokhov
Can you please take a look to this test as well:

Looks like this is the last unstable test in sanity/client testsuite.

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: <AWT Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8190456: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ComboBoxDemoTest.java failed with NPE from java.awt.EventQueue.getCurrentEventImpl()

prasanta sadhukhan

Hi Muneer,

Earlier, before your fix, if Thread.currentThread() is not equal to  dispatchThread, then it was returning " null", but now it will not return anything even though return value should be AWTEvent.
Is it not giving any compilation problem?

Regards
Prasanta
On 11/1/2017 2:03 PM, Muneer Kolarkunnu wrote:

Hi All,

Please review fix for the below bug:

This issue observed during SBR(Same Binary Run) execution of client sanity tests. Same exception observed from test case sanity/client/SwingSet/src/DialogDemoTest.java also.
It is a random failure, observed 2 times in 1000 iterations.

In ComboBoxDemoTest, it is happening while changing the selection on a combo box.

In DialogDemoTest, it is happening during button press.

Fix: As currentEvent is a WeakReference, added null check for dispatchThread use case also, similar to fxAppThreadIsDispatchThread use case.

Regards,

Muneer

Re: <AWT Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8190456: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ComboBoxDemoTest.java failed with NPE from java.awt.EventQueue.getCurrentEventImpl()

Muneer Kolarkunnu

Hi Prasanta,

I corrected it and please find the updated webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akolarkunnu/8190456/webrev.01/

I tested fix with client sanity tests for 1000 iterations on SBR and passed all tests without any new issues.

--
Best regards, Sergey.