<AWT Dev> [11] JDK-8204946: Clean-up problem list for JDK-8202933 and JDK-8202934

<AWT Dev> [11] JDK-8204946: Clean-up problem list for JDK-8202933 and JDK-8202934

Shashidhara H V

Hi All, Please review a test only fix for the below bug:

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sveerabhadra/8204946/

Changes made: Some of the tests mentioned in the ProblemList are passing on the respective platforms(as in ProblemList.txt) and hence they need to be removed from the ProblemList. But some of the test uses the appletviewer which is no more supported on the jdk 11 and hence the test is modified to get rid of it. The test passes on Windows 10, Ubuntu 17.10 and Mac 10.13.

Thanks and regards,

Shashi

Re: <AWT Dev> [11] JDK-8204946: Clean-up problem list for JDK-8202933 and JDK-8202934

Philip Race
The tests don't use appletviewer. They use the Applet API and that is not the same thing.
Having said that I have no objection to updating the test to use a main program.

These tests do pass for me today on Linux but I think there must be unstability in
them since nothing changed to fix them ..

-phil.

On 06/14/2018 12:52 PM, Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah wrote:

Hi All, Please review a test only fix for the below bug:

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sveerabhadra/8204946/

Changes made: Some of the tests mentioned in the ProblemList are passing on the respective platforms(as in ProblemList.txt) and hence they need to be removed from the ProblemList. But some of the test uses the appletviewer which is no more supported on the jdk 11 and hence the test is modified to get rid of it. The test passes on Windows 10, Ubuntu 17.10 and Mac 10.13.

Thanks and regards,

Shashi

Re: <AWT Dev> [11] JDK-8204946: Clean-up problem list for JDK-8202933 and JDK-8202934

Shashidhara H V

Hi Phil, I ran the test 300 times to see if there are any anomalies over multiple runs but they pass each time. Do you suggest any other way to test out for the unstability case?

Thanks and regards,

Shashi

On 15/06/18 1:58 AM, Phil Race wrote:
[...]

Thank you Phil for the review.