<AWT Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

<AWT Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

Shashidhara H V
Hi All, Please review a fix for an accessibility bug.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sveerabhadra/8061359/webrev.00/

Problem: The checkbox component state changes thro' keyboard space key
were not getting voiced over. The problem was that those events(state
property changes) were not processed and hence just ignored. Now added
conditions to send changes for the state changes associated with
checkbox component.

To test this, please use the swingset2 demo(or any swing application
demo) and go to any checkbox control(JCheckBox) and select and deselect
it by pressing space key. One should hear the component state, component
name and component type as shown in the attached picture. Please make
sure you have turned on the voice over on mac os(Command + F5).

Currently I am not sure to add any manual test to test this out. Please
let me know if such a test needs to be added.

Thanks and regards,

Shashi

IMG_5218 2.jpg (408K) Download Attachment