<AWT Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

<AWT Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

Shashidhara H V
Hi All, Please review a fix for an accessibility bug.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sveerabhadra/8061359/webrev.00/

Problem: The checkbox component state changes thro' keyboard space key were not getting voiced over. The problem was that those events(state property changes) were not processed and hence just ignored. Now added conditions to send changes for the state changes associated with checkbox component.

To test this, please use the swingset2 demo(or any swing application demo) and go to any checkbox control(JCheckBox) and select and deselect it by pressing space key. One should hear the component state, component name and component. Please make sure you have turned on the voice over on mac os(Command + F5).

Currently I am not sure to add any manual test to test this out. Please let me know if such a test needs to be added.

Thanks and regards,
Shashi

Re: <AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

Sergey Bylokhov
Hi, Shashi.
It looks like this line is not necessary;
"if(ptr != 0) {"
The prt is checked at the beginning of this method.

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: <AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

Shashidhara H V
Hi Sergey, Thanks for your review and here is the updated webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sveerabhadra/8061359/webrev.01/

Thanks and regards,

Shashi

On 02/10/18 1:14 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

> Hi, Shashi.
> It looks like this line is not necessary;
> "if(ptr != 0) {"
> The prt is checked at the beginning of this method.
>
> On 01/10/2018 02:54, Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah wrote:
>> Hi All, Please review a fix for an accessibility bug.

>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sveerabhadra/8061359/webrev.00/
>>
>> Problem: The checkbox component state changes thro' keyboard space
>> key were not getting voiced over. The problem was that those
>> events(state property changes) were not processed and hence just
>> ignored. Now added conditions to send changes for the state changes
>> associated with checkbox component.
>>
>> To test this, please use the swingset2 demo(or any swing application
>> demo) and go to any checkbox control(JCheckBox) and select and
>> deselect it by pressing space key. One should hear the component
>> state, component name and component. Please make sure you have turned
>> on the voice over on mac os(Command + F5).
>>
>> Currently I am not sure to add any manual test to test this out.
>> Please let me know if such a test needs to be added.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> Shashi

Re: <AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

Sergey Bylokhov
Looks fine.

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: <AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

Shashidhara H V
Thanks Sergey for your review.

Thanks and regards,
Shashi

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: <AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

Shashidhara H V
Could I get a one more review of this?

Thanks and regards,
Shashi

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: <AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> [12] JDK-8061359: [macosx] Checkbox toggles on Space press but does not spoken by Voice Over

Manajit Halder
Looks good me.

Regards,
Manajit

On 09/10/18 9:50 AM, Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah wrote:

> Could I get a one more review of this?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Shashi

prasanta sadhukhan
Please add a <space> between if and ( before pushing.

Just one more thing, you have done for checkbox, should n't we need to
do for AccessibleRole.RADIO_BUTTON?

Regards
Prasanta
On 10-Oct-18 4:27 PM, Manajit Halder wrote:

> Looks good me.
>
> Regards,
> Manajit
>

> On 09/10/18 9:50 AM, Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah wrote:
>> Could I get a one more review of this?
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> Shashi

Thank you Prasantha and Manajit for the review.

Sure will update before push.

May be. I will see for this issue and will create one bug if required and address the problem there!!

Thanks and regards,
Shashi