<AWT Dev> [JDK-8048731] com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities#setWindowCanFullScreen

<AWT Dev> [JDK-8048731] com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities#setWindowCanFullScreen

Reto Merz-2
Hi,

Is there a replacement for com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities#setWindowCanFullScreen(Window, Boolean) in Java 9 Desktop API?

I can not find a similar method on java.awt.Desktop, java.awt.Taskbar or javax.swing.JFrame class.

Thanks
Reto

Re: <AWT Dev> [JDK-8048731] com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities#setWindowCanFullScreen

Alexander Zvegintsev

Hello,

there is no replacement for setWindowCanFullScreen(), resizable windows are made fullscreenable by default(JDK-8143914).

However there is unofficial way to override it:

jFrame.getRootPane().putClientProperty("apple.awt.fullscreenable", false);

Thanks,
Alexander.
On 02/03/2017 14:01, Reto Merz wrote:
Hi,

Is there a replacement for com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities#setWindowCanFullScreen(Window, Boolean) in Java 9 Desktop API?

I can not find a similar method on java.awt.Desktop, java.awt.Taskbar or javax.swing.JFrame class.

Thanks
Reto

Re: <AWT Dev> [JDK-8048731] com.apple.eawt.FullScreenUtilities#setWindowCanFullScreen

Reto Merz-2

Hello Alexander,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Regards