<AWT Dev> RFR: JDK-8264125: Specification of Taskbar::getIconImage doesn't mention that the returned image might not be equal to the Taskbar::setIconImage one. (eg on Mac OS)

<AWT Dev> RFR: JDK-8264125: Specification of Taskbar::getIconImage doesn't mention that the returned image might not be equal to the Taskbar::setIconImage one. (eg on Mac OS)

Alexander Zvegintsev-2
JDK-8264125: Specification of Taskbar::getIconImage doesn't mention that the returned image might not be equal to the Taskbar::setIconImage one. (eg on Mac OS)

 - initial

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3250&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3250/head:pull/3250

Re: <AWT Dev> RFR: 8264125: Specification of Taskbar::getIconImage doesn't mention that the returned image might not be equal to the Taskbar::setIconImage one. (eg on Mac OS)

Alexander Zuev-3
On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 18:57:55 GMT, Alexander Zvegintsev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This fix is to explicitly specify that `Taskbar::getIconImage` may return an object different from passed to `Taskbar::setIconImage`.
>
> Actually it is always returns a different object on macOS(the only OS which supports this feature), but I want to save some options if we decide to rework this.

Marked as reviewed by kizune (Reviewer).