<AWT Dev> Run AWT on MacOSX with -XstartOnFirstThread

<AWT Dev> Run AWT on MacOSX with -XstartOnFirstThread

Langer, Christoph

Hi,

I’ve got a question to the experts: I have a tool that launches the Eclipse Framework (with SWT). When I start the JVM on MacOSX, I (have to) set the option -XstartOnFirstThread. However, I want to do some work with AWT before launching Eclipse/SWT. But as the AWT NSLoop is not activated in that case, AWT stuff is not working. Is there any chance I can run the AWT NSLoop manually before Swing is active? Is that possible from within Java code? I don’t find this topic well documented…

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Best regards

Christoph