<Swing Dev> [11] RFR JDK-8191106: Nimbus LookAndFeel does not apply keys FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText/ToolTipText to JFileChooser

<Swing Dev> [11] RFR JDK-8191106: Nimbus LookAndFeel does not apply keys FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText/ToolTipText to JFileChooser

prasanta sadhukhan
Hi All,

Please review a fix for Nimbus L&F where it is seen that
When you select a directory in a JFileChooser dialog, the text and
tooltip of the "approve" button is not changing to the values of
UIManager keys FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText and
FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonToolTipText and remain same as it was
before directory is selected.
It changes for Metal and windows l&f.

This is because when directory is selected
BasicFileChooserUI#valueChanged() calls setDirectorySelected() but it's
not implemented for nimbus l&f and it uses default implementation of
BasicFileChooser.
For Metal & Windows, this method is overridden to change the approve
button text to FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText.
Propsosed fix is to override this method for Nimbus L&f and set the
approve button text to FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText.

Bug:https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191106
webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/8191106/webrev.00/

Regards
Prasanta

Re: <Swing Dev> [11] RFR JDK-8191106: Nimbus LookAndFeel does not apply keys FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText/ToolTipText to JFileChooser

Semyon Sadetsky
Hi Prasanta,

Since all those L&F's now have the same implementation of the method
maybe it worth to push it down to the basic class?

--Semyon

On 01/04/2018 02:33 AM, Prasanta Sadhukhan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please review a fix for Nimbus L&F where it is seen that
> When you select a directory in a JFileChooser dialog, the text and
> tooltip of the "approve" button is not changing to the values of
> UIManager keys FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText and
> FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonToolTipText and remain same as it was
> before directory is selected.
> It changes for Metal and windows l&f.
>
> This is because when directory is selected
> BasicFileChooserUI#valueChanged() calls setDirectorySelected() but
> it's not implemented for nimbus l&f and it uses default implementation
> of BasicFileChooser.
> For Metal & Windows, this method is overridden to change the approve
> button text to FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText.
> Propsosed fix is to override this method for Nimbus L&f and set the
> approve button text to FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText.
>
> Bug:https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191106
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/8191106/webrev.00/
>
> Regards
> Prasanta

Re: <Swing Dev> [11] RFR JDK-8191106: Nimbus LookAndFeel does not apply keys FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText/ToolTipText to JFileChooser

prasanta sadhukhan
Hi Semyon,

It's not exactly the same. For Metal, we do not set mnemonic, not sure
if that is intentional, so did not push it down to basic class.

Regards
Prasanta
On 1/4/2018 9:34 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:

> Hi Prasanta,
>
> Since all those L&F's now have the same implementation of the method
> maybe it worth to push it down to the basic class?
>
> --Semyon
>
> On 01/04/2018 02:33 AM, Prasanta Sadhukhan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Please review a fix for Nimbus L&F where it is seen that
>> When you select a directory in a JFileChooser dialog, the text and
>> tooltip of the "approve" button is not changing to the values of
>> UIManager keys FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText and
>> FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonToolTipText and remain same as it was
>> before directory is selected.
>> It changes for Metal and windows l&f.
>>
>> This is because when directory is selected
>> BasicFileChooserUI#valueChanged() calls setDirectorySelected() but
>> it's not implemented for nimbus l&f and it uses default
>> implementation of BasicFileChooser.
>> For Metal & Windows, this method is overridden to change the approve
>> button text to FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText.
>> Propsosed fix is to override this method for Nimbus L&f and set the
>> approve button text to FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText.
>>
>> Bug:https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191106
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/8191106/webrev.00/
>>
>> Regards
>> Prasanta

Re: <Swing Dev> [11] RFR JDK-8191106: Nimbus LookAndFeel does not apply keys FileChooser.directoryOpenButtonText/ToolTipText to JFileChooser

Sergey Bylokhov
On 04/01/2018 22:05, Prasanta Sadhukhan wrote:
> Hi Semyon,
>
> It's not exactly the same. For Metal, we do not set mnemonic, not sure
> if that is intentional, so did not push it down to basic class.

They were intentionally dropped:

--
Best regards, Sergey.