<Swing Dev> Swing: NPE after calling JTable.updateUI() when using a header renderer + Windows L&F

<Swing Dev> Swing: NPE after calling JTable.updateUI() when using a header renderer + Windows L&F

Dr. Georg Kratz-Kummetz

The Error occurs for example in Windows 10 when changing theme in Windows while an extended TableHeaderRenderer is working.

System is: Windows 10 (10.0.10240)

Java is: 1.8.0_60

Stacktrace is

java.lang.NullPointerException

com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsTableHeaderUI$XPDefaultRenderer.paint

(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.CellRendererPane.paintComponent(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.paintCell(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JViewport.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)

java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source)

sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source)

sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source)

java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source)

java.awt.Window.paint(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)

java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivileg

e(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(Unknown Source)

javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivileg

e(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

Best documented Bug documentation:

http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6429812

With regards

Dr. Georg Kratz-Kummetz

UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM FREIBURG

Klinikrechenzentrum

Patientenmanagement Systeme

Agnesenstr. 6 – 8 · 79106 Freiburg

Telefon: +49 761 270-22910

Telefax: +49 761 270-20660

www.uniklinik-freiburg.de

Re: <Swing Dev> Swing: NPE after calling JTable.updateUI() when using a header renderer + Windows L&F

Sergey Bylokhov
Hi, Georg.
Thank you for the report, I will take a look.

--
Best regards, Sergey.