main/manual=yesno?

Keith Seitz
Hi,

There are a number of j2se tests failing for me with the latest
jtreg_bin-3.2.2_03-fcs-bin-10_sep_2007.zip available on the website.
They all error with "Parse Exception: Arguments to `manual' option not
supported: yesno".

All of these tests declare themselves: "@run main/manual=yesno ...". Can
anyone enlighten me on how to run these tests?

Keith

Re: main/manual=yesno?

jonathan.gibbons
Keith,

What is the path for these tests, relative to the workspace root or just
the test/ directory?

On the face of it these would seem to be invalid tests.   Nothing should
have changed in this area for the latest jtreg, so has anything else
changed for you -- are these new tests that have not previously been
available, or are you trying to run them where you had not previously
tried to run them?  (Many folk use the jtreg -a option to just run the
automated tests, omitting tests which need manual intervention.)

-- Jon

Keith Seitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are a number of j2se tests failing for me with the latest
> jtreg_bin-3.2.2_03-fcs-bin-10_sep_2007.zip available on the website.
> They all error with "Parse Exception: Arguments to `manual' option not
> supported: yesno".
>
> All of these tests declare themselves: "@run main/manual=yesno ...".
> Can anyone enlighten me on how to run these tests?
>
> Keith

Re: main/manual=yesno?

Keith Seitz
Jonathan Gibbons wrote:

> What is the path for these tests, relative to the workspace root or just
> the test/ directory?

These are the tests (j2se/test/):

java/awt/Graphics/LCDTextAndGraphicsState.java
java/awt/Graphics/TextAAHintsTest.java
java/awt/PrintJob/ConstrainedPrintingTest/ConstrainedPrintingTest.java
java/awt/PrintJob/PageSetupDlgBlockingTest/PageSetupDlgBlockingTest.java
java/awt/PrintJob/SaveDialogTitleTest.java
java/awt/print/Dialog/DialogOrient.java
java/awt/print/Dialog/DialogType.java
java/awt/print/PrinterJob/ImagePrinting/ClippedImages.java
java/awt/print/PrinterJob/ImagePrinting/PrintARGBImage.java
java/awt/print/PrinterJob/PageRanges.java

> On the face of it these would seem to be invalid tests.   Nothing should
> have changed in this area for the latest jtreg, so has anything else
> changed for you -- are these new tests that have not previously been
> available, or are you trying to run them where you had not previously
> tried to run them?  (Many folk use the jtreg -a option to just run the
> automated tests, omitting tests which need manual intervention.)

This is the first time I have attempted to run jtreg on the openjdk's
supplied tests. I chose to run all of the tests, including the manual
ones (jtreg -testjdk:$testjdk -verbose:all java).

Keith