"unsafe" instances in sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem

"unsafe" instances in sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem

Chan, Sunny
While reading the code for sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider and sun.nio.fs.WindowsUserDefinedFileAttributeView, I noticed that there is a private static variable to the Unsafe instance but it doesn't seems to be used anywhere in the code - am I missing something here or should I propose a patch to remove them?

Sunny Chan
Executive Director
Technology

Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C. | 39th Floor | The Center | 99 Queens Road Central | Hong Kong
Email:  [hidden email] | Tel: +852 2978 6481 | Fax: +852 2978 0633

Learn more about Goldman Sachs
GS.com<http://www.goldmansachs.com/> | Blog<http://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/blog/index.html> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/goldman-sachs/careers> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/goldmansachs> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/goldmansachs>

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message.  See http://www.gs.com/disclaimer/email for further information on confidentiality and the risks inherent in electronic communication.

Re: "unsafe" instances in sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem

Alan Bateman
On 19/04/2017 05:44, Chan, Sunny wrote:

> While reading the code for sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider and sun.nio.fs.WindowsUserDefinedFileAttributeView, I noticed that there is a private static variable to the Unsafe instance but it doesn't seems to be used anywhere in the code - am I missing something here or should I propose a patch to remove them?

I suspect these are left over from past refactoring and shouldn't be an
issue removing them.

-Alan

Re: "unsafe" instances in sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem

Brian Burkhalter-2
[Looping in nio-dev]

I can file an issue and look into it.

Brian