Quantcast

trouble passing JVM startup options using JTREG

trouble passing JVM startup options using JTREG

Ram Krishnan
Hi,

I have been able to successfully run all the tests in hotspot/test/gc/g1 using jtreg.

The only gotcha I am facing is that the JVM startup options specified in process builder does not have any effect. I have confirmed this through prints in the JVM code base.

For example,
​/hotspot/test/gc/g1/​TestEagerReclaimHumongousRegionsClearMarkBits.java modifies the "-XX:ConcGCThreads=1", but inside the JVM code to value of ConcGCThreads is still zero.

​I am new to jtreg and openjdk and probably missing something obvious. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,​
​Ramki​

Re: trouble passing JVM startup options using JTREG

Jonathan Gibbons

On 04/17/2017 02:18 PM, Ram Krishnan wrote:
Hi,

I have been able to successfully run all the tests in hotspot/test/gc/g1 using jtreg.

The only gotcha I am facing is that the JVM startup options specified in process builder does not have any effect. I have confirmed this through prints in the JVM code base.

For example,
​/hotspot/test/gc/g1/​ TestEagerReclaimHumongousRegionsClearMarkBits.java modifies the "-XX:ConcGCThreads=1", but inside the JVM code to value of ConcGCThreads is still zero.

​I am new to jtreg and openjdk and probably missing something obvious. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,​
​Ramki​

Ramki,

This does not look like an issue with jtreg, since the behavior you are apparently seeing is all within the test code and its libraries.

You might want to follow up with the Hotspot team, who would have more familiarity with these tests and the associated libraries.

-- Jon

On 18/04/2017 7:18 AM, Ram Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been able to successfully run all the tests in hotspot/test/gc/g1
> using jtreg.
>
> The only gotcha I am facing is that the JVM startup options specified in
> process builder does not have any effect. I have confirmed this through
> prints in the JVM code base.

Not sure how you are checking this but however you build the
command-line in the test is how it gets executed.

Try editing the test to use -Xlog:gc=debug and see what it outputs.

David